ELNogoom
مرحبا بيك فى منتدى النجوم

مرحبا بك عزيزي الزائر. المرجوا منك أن تعرّف بنفسك و تدخل المنتدى معنا. إن لم يكن لديك حساب بعد, نتشرف بدعوتك لإنشائه
ELNogoom
مرحبا بيك فى منتدى النجوم

مرحبا بك عزيزي الزائر. المرجوا منك أن تعرّف بنفسك و تدخل المنتدى معنا. إن لم يكن لديك حساب بعد, نتشرف بدعوتك لإنشائه
ELNogoom
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

ELNogoom

افلام ,اغانى ,رياضى, ثقافى , اجتماعى , دينى,العاب ,شعر ومواهب,فرفشه,كمبيوتر , وظائف خاليه, وظائف داخل مصر , وظائف خارج مصر

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول
elnogoom
دخول
اسم العضو:
كلمة السر:
ادخلني بشكل آلي عند زيارتي مرة اخرى: 
:: لقد نسيت كلمة السر
المواضيع الأخيرة
» صباح القشطة***مساء الفل
Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالإثنين ديسمبر 15, 2014 8:51 pm من طرف حاتم عبدالسلام

» مخاطر الوجبات السريعة
Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالأحد أغسطس 11, 2013 2:25 pm من طرف صفاء العامري

» العب رياضة يطول عمرك
Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالأحد أغسطس 11, 2013 2:23 pm من طرف صفاء العامري

» هل تعرف ما هو توقيت جرينتش.؟؟
Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالأحد أغسطس 11, 2013 2:04 pm من طرف صفاء العامري

» صور من الفضاء ادخل وشوف!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالأحد أغسطس 11, 2013 2:02 pm من طرف صفاء العامري

» مشروب الطاقه وهم مدمر
Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالأحد أغسطس 11, 2013 2:01 pm من طرف صفاء العامري

» الوضوء..والوقاية من الامراض
Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالأحد أغسطس 11, 2013 1:59 pm من طرف صفاء العامري

» دب من الجليد آخذ في الذوبان دلالة على مخاطر التغير المناخي في كوبنهاغن
Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالأحد أغسطس 11, 2013 1:55 pm من طرف صفاء العامري

» النوم الكثير يسبب اضرار صحية عديدة
Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالأحد أغسطس 11, 2013 1:54 pm من طرف صفاء العامري

Visitors
free counters
مواضيع مماثلة
    المواضيع الأكثر شعبية
    بحث كامل عن شكسبير هام جدااااااااااااااا لكل طلاب قسم اللغه الانجليزيه
    اوصل ل5 واكتب اسم العضو او الانسان الا بتحبه
    سجل مزاجك اليومي هنا
    اختار عضو يكنس المنتدا عند رقم 7
    صور من الفضاء ادخل وشوف!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    هل تعرف ما هو توقيت جرينتش.؟؟
    العب رياضة يطول عمرك
    النوم الكثير يسبب اضرار صحية عديدة
    شوفو مأساة اطفال الشوارع بالصور
    مشروب الطاقه وهم مدمر
    بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم

Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day

اذهب الى الأسفل 
    كاتب الموضوعرسالة
    noda
    مشرفه قسم
    مشرفه قسم
    noda

انثى الجدي القرد
    عدد الرسائل : 6329
    تاريخ الميلاد : 12/01/1993
    العمر : 31
    الموقع : النجوم
    العمل/الترفيه : student
    المزاج : بيس اوووووى
    التاريخ : 12 1 1993
    نقاط : 12642
    تاريخ التسجيل : 19/10/2009

Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day Empty
    مُساهمةموضوع: Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day   Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء مايو 25, 2010 1:30 pm

thou promise such a beauteous day"

What's he saying?

"Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day, / And make me travel forth without my cloak,"

Why did you tell me it was going to be a nice day, so that I went outside without a coat,

"To let base clouds o'ertake me in my way, / Hiding thy bravery in their rotten smoke?"

When in fact, the day was overcast, and I couldn't see your beauty?

"'Tis not enough that through the cloud thou break, / To dry the rain on my storm-beaten face,"

It doesn't suffice that you, the sun, shine through the clouds to dry the rain after the storm,

"For no man well of such a salve can speak, / That heals the wound, and cures not the disgrace:"

Because that's only a cure for the wound, but not the shame:

"Nor can thy shame give physic to my grief; / Though thou repent, yet I have still the loss:"

It also doesn't help me that you're ashamed, since I have still lost something:

"The offender's sorrow lends but weak relief / To him that bears the strong offence's cross."

Your repentance does not heal my burden.

"Ah! but those tears are pearl which thy love sheds, / And they are rich and ransom all ill deeds."

But when you cry, I forgive you.

Why is he saying it?

Sonnet 34 continues the theme of Sonnet 33, in which it became clear that the fair lord had betrayed the poet in some way; either by contracting a sexually transmitted disease through promiscuity, or by denying their relationship. Sonnet 34 expands the idea that the fair lord has denied friendship or love to the poet after having promised to be forthcoming with it. Only the fair lord's tears, valuable because they demonstrate true regret, are enough to convince the poet to forgive him.

The metaphor of the sun being overtaken by clouds is continued from Sonnet 33, as well. The fair lord is the sun, and in promising "such a beauteous day," or assuring the poet of his love, encouraged the poet to "travel forth without my cloak," or let his guard down and become vulnerable, unprepared for the bad weather that was to come. However, the "base clouds" of Sonnet 33 return, overtaking the poet as he sets out. Their "rotten smoke" bars the poet from the fair lord, though the fair lord had assured him this would not happen.

Imagery of healing pervades this sonnet, with the idea that the fair lord can only cure the speaker's plight by shedding tears. Lines 7-8, "For no man well of such a salve can speak, / That heals the wound, and cures not the disgrace," refer to the fair lord drying the speaker's tears. A "salve" is a healing lotion, but in this case, it only heals the wound without curing the shame of having acquired that wound. In line 9, the speaker declares, "Nor can thy shame give physic to my grief," with "physic" being medicine. The fact that the fair lord feels shame does not cure the speaker's grief.

Hints of sin in a biblical sense are apparent, specifically the apostle Peter's denial of Jesus Christ in the New Testament. After denying his friendship with Christ three times, Peter repented and shed tears, as the fair lord does in Sonnet 34. This comparison is enforced by the diction the poet uses; for example, the use of the word "repent," and calling the fair lord an "offender," or a sinner. In line 12, the speaker likens himself to "him that bears the strong offence's cross," or Christ.
    The final couplet is a complete reversal of the speaker's stance throughout the sonnet that no matter what the fair lord does, he will not forgive him the betrayal. With the exclamation, "Ah!" in line 13, it is as if the speaker notices the fair lord's tears in that moment. The metaphor, "those tears are pearl," likens the tears to precious pearls. In addition to having a high monetary value, pearls could be ground up and used for medicinal purposes; thus, the healing theme is continued through the final couplet
    الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
    noda
    مشرفه قسم
    مشرفه قسم
    noda

انثى الجدي القرد
    عدد الرسائل : 6329
    تاريخ الميلاد : 12/01/1993
    العمر : 31
    الموقع : النجوم
    العمل/الترفيه : student
    المزاج : بيس اوووووى
    التاريخ : 12 1 1993
    نقاط : 12642
    تاريخ التسجيل : 19/10/2009

Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day Empty
    مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day   Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day I_icon_minitimeالثلاثاء مايو 25, 2010 1:33 pm

this is apoem of raprosh (blame).the poet is addressing someone who has commited amean act and then repeated.it is apoem that any of us could apply to sitiuation in which we feel petrayed (unfaithful)the first four lines in the initial repuke (blame person)why did you begin so well and then behaved so mainly.the second quatrain admits that the friend has admented and show shame but this is not enough .in the final couplet the poet says that when such afriend repents he has to yield.

the poet is referring to his friend who had commited a mean act..shakespeare was very much hurt with his friend's act and hence he wants to express his immense feelings to his friend.. what all the things his friend had done was,he had an affair with a lady (dark lady),whom shakespear was loving...

.: Sonnet 34 :.

this poem of reporach. the poet is addressing someone who has committed a mean act, and then repented: but the repentance was not enouph to compensate for the meanness, and so he continuce to not feel betrayed, and to tell his friend that he seems less attractive than he was. thus much is clear, but, as far as the facts go, not much more Who is the frind and what has he done? Narrative always arouses curiosity, and the shadow of narrative that lies behind this poem can easily make us curious, but the poem does not answer these question perhaps it was intended for readers who already knew the facts
    الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

Summary and Analysis of Sonnet 34 - "Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day
    الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
    صفحة 1 من اصل 1
     مواضيع مماثلة
    -

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
    ELNogoom :: أقسام الكليه :: قسم اللغه الانجليزيه-
    انتقل الى: